Tuesday, January 6, 2009

reality has become a little more virtual

From ScienceDaily: Reality Gets Hyperlinked and Snap, Map, Chat And Hyperlink

These two articles are about a new, usable, and totally awesome technology from Europe, where you can take a picture of a building or landmark in a city and get whatever local information you want - history, shopping, entertainment, dining, whatever.

I love the idea of a mixed or augmented reality. I like the idea of blurring the lines between reality and virtuality. I don't think virtuality has to necessarily be "fantasy," (because if you cuss out your friend on WoW then they're still going to be pissed) but... I don't know, it's just awesome! I'm definitely not one of those need-new-toys-contantly types, but this is something I would want and use, partly because I like the idea of being able to pull information from anywhere.

No comments: